pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24. (I am a hoarder.)

Hoarding: the excessive collection of items, along with the inability to discard them. Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Some people also collect animals, keeping dozens or hundreds of pets in unsanitary conditions.

I think I'm a hoarder.

I really don't want to end up like our dear friend Hanna.
I now refuse to watch Hoarders.
I can't get the image of her shockingly, unproportional body out of my mind.
Also, on that same episode, there is a man named Gary. I can't find a video of him anywhere, but I can assure you that he is terrifying.
At one point in the show they are searching for him among the rubbish. They are trying to interview him but he doesn't want to be found. They keep calling him on the phone (which this couple has to use to communicate because the piles are so bad) and finally they hear him set it down through a wall. So, they finally locate him and knock on the door. He refuses to answer and tells them to **** off. They open the door to find him sitting in a dark, windowless room, playing Bejeweled and listening to screamo. It was a scarring thing to witness. Grown men should never act like suicidal, goth teenagers. Especially not when they're 200 pounds over-weight and living in a rabbit-infested house.

To this day, I refuse to watch Hoarders. I do not possess the mental stability that is needed to view in a healthy fashion.
Few do.
(unintentional rhyme)

I'm sorry if I have scarred you with the above images. It was not my intention.
I wish pleasant things on you in your life.
Farewell and sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment