pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Straight Up Coffee









Yesterday was a good day. I hung out with Lindsey. Then Lindsey, Veronica, Cloud, and Adam. Then Zac. It was a nice day. I enjoyed walking around the cemetery and reading all the headstones. It's always interesting to me to see what quote people choose to describe their lives. That's a lot of responsibility to place on a quote. I feel like Ralph Waldo Emerson has the best quotes. 
Oh, also Criminal Minds always has good quotes at the start and ends of their episodes.



Here's some of my favorites:

That which is excellent remains forever a part of this universe.

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.

But, if something was really important, fate made sure it somehow came back to you and gave you another chance.

The past cannot be cured.

Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Things do not change. We change.


I used to have a whole list in my phone, but then it broke and I haven't made a new one. Sometimes I think quotes are stupid, but then I find ones I like and I like them again. I feel like my psychology textbook had the best quotes of all time. I really miss that book. I tried to check one out, but the book depository woman wouldn't let me. People say that she hates her life and that's why she's so mad all the time. I don't know if I believe that or not, but if it's true, I feel really bad for her. 

Maybe I'll make her some cookies or something at the end of the school year and leave them anonymously with a thank you note. I feel like when things are anonymous they mean more, because you know the person is doing it because they really care. Not because they want the attention for doing it.

Anyways.
Five things I liked about today:
-Tati saying "What the f***!" and everyone's face afterwards
-Me: "hi I'm drinking a green smoothie" My sister: "hi I'm drinking your face"
-Adam falling while talking to Lindsey, and then trying to pretend like nothing happened.
-Dining with Trixie and Lindsey at Beans and Brews
-Chatting with the lovely Harry Potter look-a-like


Don't succumb to the bystander effect.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment