pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The earth is all we have in common.




I feel like I would really miss the mountains if I didn't live here.

I think that's the thing I liked about India, as far as the nature went. 
The mountains were gorgeous. 

I could have sat on the roof of our compound for the rest of my life and I could have been completely fine. I believe I took a video of it. Pear haps I'll post it tomorrow.

I miss that, though. I miss having somewhere I could go, even if it was just for two weeks. Somewhere I knew I wouldn't be bothered. I mean, sure, now I can go to that one park I like. But, the park isn't the roof. The roof was a sanctuary. It was peaceful and it was a secret even though everyone knew about it. It was completely surrounded by the most beautiful mountains. It was quiet, except for those mornings when the Indian man sang his own definition of opera. But, that wasn't the worst either. 

Just go to India, okay? Then we can talk about it and connect. Like, the real kind of connect. The kind where you know the other person understands exactly how you are feeling about something. That's what we could do if you went to India.

Go there and sit on the roof. Sit on one of the concrete blocks with the strange metal tubes coming out of it. Watch all the lights go out. Listen to all the noises and make sure you memorize them, because they will be gone in two weeks. Don't take anyone with you either, because it's one of those things you have to experience alone. 

Those are the best experiences in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment