pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I want my money back.


Hey guys.
It's been a while.


I finally got my film roll developed and I love film so much. I always forget what I take pictures of, so then when I get it each photo is like a forgotten memory (sorry for the uncomfortable simile, it's what Lifetime does to you).

I've actually just been doing a lot of art lately. I recently bought a dress from D.I. that I'm remaking, it should be done tonight, so (fingers crossed) I'll take pictures tomorrow.

I also spray painted my bike! It's so adorable! I'll post pictures of that later as well, because I know you're all dying to see.


ARE YOU READY FOR THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE/UNBELIEVABLE/RANDOM/EMBARRASSING STORY YOU WILL HEAR TODAY?

Ok. Monday, a friend and I went to Deseret Industries to shop around for the perfect old lady dress to upcycle.
We happened upon three.

1.) A long chiffon dress printed with red, yellow, and black flowers.
2.) A long, cotton, pink dress with white polka dots and fake pockets.
3.) A long sleeve white dress with a beautiful ruffle down the middle.

I came home, and then went out to lunch with my mother. The entire time I was jabbering on about how much I loved my dresses and how excited I was to start upcycling them (or just to do something with my life (I'm sorry for all the people who are reading this and who are thinking "wow! how annoying! I have so much to do!", I will gladly do any of your to-dos for you)).

We arrive home.

I take out the floral dress. I show her. She loves it.
I take out the dotted dress. I show her. She loves it.
I take out the white dress. I show her. She pulls a very strange face and buries her face in her hands.








Guess who just bought their mom's old temple dress?

(for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically like a wedding dress.... and my parent's are divorced.... which makes this crazy awkward.)


Goodbye dreams of frolicking in the meadow with yellow butterflies and beautiful clothing.
You have just been forever tarnished by the black tar of unfortunate events and new knowledge.





Enjoy the rest of your day.


ALSO, IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY BLOG AND SORT OF LIKE ME, LEAVE ME YOUR LINK SO I CAN STALK YOU. (WHAT?)

5 comments:

  1. haha Emily! you are hilarious. I love your blog and your lifetime movie watching. Follow my blog yes? lindseyliechty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...that's definitely an unexpected twist. Haha.

    This definitely just made me smile-thanks! :)

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that definitely is awkward. But hey maybe you can wear that dress still and make awesome memories in it?

    http://pickuporangefarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was not expecting that! A little less awkward but along the same lines: My sister bought a Dragonball Z shirt from a thrift that belonged to my boyfriend!
    Xo Chloe.
    http://lazyexplorers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete