pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6 24 2013

















These are my favorite from a shoot I did with one of my friends. You can see the rest here. I am going to post my photoshoots there, so if you ever get an itchin... you know where to find them.
My sister and I were just talking about fashion blogs, and we both decided that we don't like them unless the photography is good or the outfits are unique. Also, people who are constantly posting their links on Facebook and reminding people to follow them, are so strange to me. I don't know. I guess it's like this: I want people to read my blog because they want to read it. I want followers who actually follow my blog and read it. I don't understand the bloggers who do "follow backs" and who put their links everywhere they possibly can. I mean, I understand posting a link to a post you particularly liked, or are proud of, but when they post links every day it just confuses me a bit. Also, the whole asking a question at the end of the post to better engage your readers is dumb to me. I feel like they are just trying to get me to comment when they ask things like, "how was your weekend?", because let's be honest. It's not like they really care a whole ton. I like when they ask questions that are genuine, like, "where are some good places to eat in china?" or "how do i make the cat print on my pants stand out more?" because those are things they actually want to know.

I don't know though. I'm sorry if that offends any of you. It's just my personal opinion.
I do understand wanting to get more of a following though, because then you get free stuff and free stuff is always cool.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, fashion blogs are not good if the photos are crappy. And mediocre outfits? NO. Sometimes you learn that the hard way though :)

    I still dunno how I feel about making a fb page for my blog. I mean, I already created one, I just haven't posted anything on it yet. I'd like to get more followers so that I'd have a better chance at getting sponsors, 'cause I'd really like to get paid to do something I already do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of her eyes and skin tone together is beautiful (is that weird?)

    I agree with "I want people to read my blog because they want to read it". Although I don't think there is anything wrong with posting a link to every blog post. You aren't forcing anybody to read it, you're sharing. You are giving someone the opportinuty to read/look at something interesting. But yeah, free stuff is cool.


    ReplyDelete
  3. your photography is beautiful. i love every photo and what a beautiful model as well!
    i know what you mean about the hustle associated with following and followbacks..i agree with you. you should follow blogs that you actually like!
    with that said, everyone should follow yours, for it is kind of awesome!

    newest reader,
    morgan novelate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures, especially that last one.
    I feel ya with the follow backs thing. I think every one hates that except for the people who do it!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...my photography isn't the best. But hey, I'm trying! And I'm learning more everyday. Haha. I do agree that some people are too obsessed with followers and not just blogging for the fun of it. (which is why we start blogging in the first place, right?)
    Anyway, your friend is very pretty, I'm loving these photos and that last scenic one is gorgeous!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely comment dear. love the pics.
    xo sabbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely get your point and agree with it. I mean, if they don't have anything worth commenting, they don't have to comment... just to make the other person visit their blog like a favour chain.
    Anyway, the last pic is beyond beautiful and you look so cool, you remind me a bit of Cherie Currie in "The Runaways", specially for that Bowie bolt iconic make-up, carefree tan and sandy blonde hair - very 70's teen :) Good on ya x

    ReplyDelete