pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

city creek i guess






Ok. This is a continuation of my life changing thinking. 

So, basically here is a short explanation of my schooling.
-currently attending BYU
-wanting to transfer to the U and enroll in the BSW (bachelor's of social work) program
-MSW programs offer accelerated programs for students who have their bachelor's in social work

So, basically I need to apply to this program, but they have required classes I have to take first. Two of those classes aren't offered summer term, which means I have to take them in the fall, and then start the program in the winter. This means I won't graduate until I am almost 21.

This really bothered me for a while. Also, thinking about taking the summer off (because, I might as well combine all the classes I need to take into one term and make it a full one, instead of taking 2 classes summer and 2 fall) made me feel like I was wasting my time and falling behind.

However, I have come to realize that taking the summer off wouldn't be the worst thing. I need to take advantage of this freedom I have, and over the summer I could take a road trip to my grandmother's house, or take H. James to college, or just freaking chill and not do anything.

I spend the majority of my present planning for the future, and I want to stop living that way.

So, right now, it is Christmas break and I am employed at Starbuck's for another two weeks (put in my two week's notice today! yay!) and I am going to take full advantage of that. I am going to try a different drink every time on my break and use the shiz out of my discount. I'm going to spend my free time doing zoom things with Jake and hopefully finding my memory card so I can take photos of it all.

So, here's an early New Year's resolution to taking advantage of the current situation and enjoying the present.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you'll have lots of fun with a FREE summer :) Also, I'll be graduating in like a year when I'll be 24. No sweat.

    ReplyDelete