pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cool.

I'm at the airport right now.

This morning my alarm clock went off. I thought I hit snooze. Apparently, I hit off.

I'm woken up by my ride to the airport calling my home phone. I literally get out of bed and get in the car.

I arrive at the airport and try to print my boarding pass. It says there are no available flights for my number. I ask the attendant what it's talking about. She informs me that my flight has been canceled. She gets me on another flight tomorrow morning at 6:40 a.m. She prints of my boarding pass for Salt Lake City to Seattle, and then tells me I'll have to wait until twelve thirty to get my boarding pass for Seattle to Spokane.

I start calling people to find a ride home. My mother is in Alabama visiting my sister. My brother is at a pre-Marines camp until ten tonight. The majority of my friend are out of town, and those who aren't live at least 45 minutes away.

I ask the lady about a hotel voucher. She says that hotels don't accept kids who are seventeen. I ask her if I can have one anyways. She says that it's not the airlines, it's the hotels.

So, I go and start calling hotels. I find one that will pick me up in twenty minutes and take me to the airport tomorrow morning as well. I got to the woman to tell her that I need a voucher, and she informs me that they can't give them to minors. I then explain to her that the hotel would accept me. She says that it's the airlines policy.

At this point, I'm on the verge of tears.

I tell her I don't have a way to get home and she tells me to go and wait in this shuttle line until a superrvisor can speak with me.

The supervisor comes over and tells me that they can have a shuttle take me home and pick me up tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for the shuttle to take me home. It's coming at ten, and it takes at least an hour and a half to get to my house, according to the employee.

Also, they're picking me up tomorrow as well. I'm supposed to be ready to go between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m.





Cool.






Happy Spring Break everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment