pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

India.

I went to my first meeting for India yesterday. None of it really hit me until then. I mean, I heard about it and thought it would be cool. I applied and thought it would be cool. I got an interview and thought it was cool. I got accepted and thought it was cool. I walked into the room and thought it was cool. And then I realized it wasn't cool. It was amazing. Unbelievable almost.
I am going to India where I will help kids learn English. I will pass out kits to women who have their babies on dirt floors and who have to cut the umbilical cords with a two year old, used razor. I will visit orphanages where children will help me, and I will help them.
I will make a difference.
I can't thank the world enough. This is the best opportunity I have ever been given. I haven't even gone yet and already I get goosebumps thinking about it. Every morning I wake up smiling and I find myself dancing randomly (which, on second thought, might not be a good thing considering my coordination). I'm acting like one of those annoying, love struck teenage girls. Except I'm not in love with some word-whore boy.
 I'm in love with India and I'm in love with the people I'm going to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment