pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

4 12 2013





I want to write about atheism and high school friendships, but it’s not the right time anymore and it never will be again.

People change and opinions change and cars change and then you realize that the thing that’s changed the most out of everything is you. You hear your own words repeated back to you and they are just as foreign as Don Quichotte à Dulcinée, and not nearly as beautiful.


Atheism comes back and you think about it being applicable to your life and it fits about as well as John Coffey walking the green mile, and it’s about the same message, too. Things happen when you play The Sims in 6th grade and when you walk down the hall in your freshman year of college and they are complete opposites, but they have something in common: divine intervention. And you know what, maybe me attributing things to a higher power makes me some sort of idiot child, but I’d prefer to live my life thinking that things have a purpose and I have a purpose than spending it running away and being scared. 

I mean, that’s just my opinion. You can have whatever one you’d like and our relationship will most likely stay the same. It’s just that I don’t want to hear what you think, because it’s not going to change my mind. It’s just going to change my opinion of you.

Be who you want to be, and I’ll do the same. 
There’s no reason to try to combine.
It’s just not possible.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like this. Your pictures are perfect :) And interesting subject matter. It can be hard to have friends make such drastic changes sometimes. I know the arguments that go on about religion, and it hurts when it tears friends apart. But trusting that God created me and knows what is best gives me peace.

    ReplyDelete