pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5 14 2013




These photos are from my film camera, so don't judge me too harshly. 
I somehow stumbled upon an England journalist who is rereading all the Stephen King novels in the order they were published. I of course flipped out at the brilliance of this idea and started from week 1.

Carrie was good.
Salems' Lot was good.
I already read Misery a year or two ago, before I was doing this whole "rereading thing". 

The Shining was next and after that was Rage. Now, please take a moment and look Rage up on Amazon and try not to drop your mouth at the price. In 1997 (I think) and high school student shot up his school. When the police were investigation, they found Rage in his locker (which is about a boy shooting up his school). Stephen King immediately pulled his book from production, considering it was the inspiration for a horrific event. Now, it is out of print and rare. I don't have $400 to spend on a book, so I figured I would just skip it.

However, my lovely, lovely fiance found it for me! See, for a while Stephen King wrote under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman, and there is a book with four books written by Richard Bachman. One of which is Rage!!!! So, needless to say, our Friday night consisted of Jake taking "a short nap before the movie" and me reading for hours and then falling asleep... only to wake up at 2:00 and continue reading for a good part of the early morning. I finished it Sunday night and it, of course, was amazing.

I have such a lovely husband to go through all the trouble to find that for me! Now, I'm just waiting for The Shining to arrive...

XOXO
- - - - -
E


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog so much,nice work

    XX

    Flatsmeup.blogspot.com

    Check out my blog, I'm hosting a giveaway you can win free clothes from OASAP.com
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete