pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thanks for breaking the curse.







You know, I'll admit. I hold teenage boys on a pretty low level. (Because they deserve it, what?)

I used to have this belief (and still do, to a point) that teenage boys are only friends with girls to get something (if you know what I mean). And, if after three months (in my experience) you have not given them anything, they will friend dump you. But, I guess I should probably clarify I'm talking about the boys you hang out with every day and are best friends with. Those are the ones who friend dump you if you haven't given them anything after three months.  

Anyways, so, yes. That's my belief. My belief that has been fed stronger by all these teenage boys. 

However, I have one, and exactly one friend who has given me a little faith in this species. His name is Zac, and he has been my friend since summer 2010 when I slapped my number on his chest at the only stake dance I have ever been to. My one-night-only-friend and I led them around the city by leaving clues for them at various locations, as to where to go next. It ended at Wal-Mart where we gave them a deck of Pokemon cards.

Zac and I, as well as two of his friends, spent the night in my van talking. We went to Win-Co around 6 a.m., but didn't even buy anything. And, that, my friends, is how the friendship started.

It's sort of weird to me, being friends with someone for that long. Especially on such random circumstances, but, I'm really glad it's happened, because no one can talk sense into me, or stop me from freaking out, like my friend Zac can.

I guess I'm just a mess right now and having trouble breathing, so instead of learning how to clean and breathe, I'm insisting on being nastalgic. But, that isn't so bad now, is it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



Yay for two years of friendship with awesome people who deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment