pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

2 14 2013









Firstly, can we remember the day of Perfect Snow? I mean seriously, look at that. It's literally like the fluffiest, lightest, most perfect snow I have ever seen in my life. Like, I can't even think of a way to describe it. 

Anyways, todays topic is: Love and Creepers. (The shoes, not the people, although I could talk about them as well.) 

This is basically just a strand of thoughts that came to me on a Sunday afternoon, so please excuse the unorganized nature of the following sentences. 

My first though was, is there such thing as “one and only”? I mean, you hear people claiming that they were made for each other all the time. But, is one person made specifically for another person? I don’t know. Because on one hand, I’m thinking that if there is such thing as “one true love”, then it probably never happens. There are so many factors in the world, it’d be crazy for everyone to find their One and Only. On the other hand, it maybe is possible. Maybe God decided that we all would have one match, and then he makes a plan for us to meet that one person. However, if that were true then there wouldn’t be so many divorces. So, my final conclusion is that there is no such thing as “one and only”. There are lots of people you can marry and spend the rest of your life with. HOWEVER, with each one of those people, you will be a different person. It’s sort of like my Slice Theory (which I can get into in a separate post). For example, I could spend the rest of my life with Johnny who likes rock music and nightly walks on University Boulevard, and that Emily would be someone who likes to read Earnest Hemmingway and watch political television programs. Both Emily and Johnny would be very happy and raise very happy little children, but maybe that isn’t the optimal situation. Maybe the optimal situation is for Emily to spend the rest of her life with The Nicest Boy In The Entire World. You know? Maybe there are multiple people we can be happy with, but there is one optimal one. I don’t know. The whole thing seems really complicated. Maybe humans are more moldable than we think.

Secondly: love. Like, what the crap even is it? People claim to be in love all the time, right? Your’e in love with your junior high boyfriend, your high school boyfriend, your college boyfriend, and your husband (hopefully all at different times in life...). So, first question, is that “real” love? Because people always say it isn’t. If it isn’t, then what is “real” love? Because, half of the adults who are calling you Puppy Lovers are divorced and alone, so what do they know about it? What doesn’t anyone know about, really. Because apparently love is something that isn’t forever. Which is ironic, because diamonds are. Not technically, of course, but from a commercial point of view.

So, then arises the question of if love is a real thing. Because, it doesn’t seem to last sometimes. Or maybe those people are just not with who they are supposed to be with? Or maybe they just jump into marriage because they are mistaking their infatuation and raging hormones for love? 

Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that I don’t want to get divorced ever. But, I don’t know how to make sure that happens. I guess it’s just one of life’s many gambles. And I don’t know why my dad is on his fourth wife, well, actually I do, but I’ll save that for later as well.

Mainly, love is thrown around like a dirty hooker and I hate it.
I hate divorces.
I hate the effect on children because of divorces.
I hate absent fathers.
And absent mothers.

Hasty marriages are fine, I guess. But please, make sure you will still love them when sex is boring and dinner conversations are about the weather. Your future kids will thank you.

XOXO
- - - -
E

P.S. My apologies for this turning into a marriage/divorce rant. Also, about the creepers: I want some.

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely no such thing as a "one and only." Well, no such thing as a "soul mate." My husband is my one and only because he is the only one I plan on being married to, ya know?
    And puppy love is real love, just not mature love.

    ReplyDelete